Work with JLT Mobile Computers in the marketing team to gain an understanding of the inner-workings and the requirements of a small but international company. Here is an opportunity to contribute to ideas that could reach a global audience, while refining and practicing your marketing, social media, and communication skills. JLT is looking for a marketing intern from January 2021.
Our story starts in 1994. The Internet was new. Industrial computers were basic and 3G was still a dream. Over the following decades, JLT pioneered the rugged computing market. By taking design and quality to new levels, we brought the possibilities of computing to industries where a typical office machine might last just minutes. Today we are Sweden’s largest PC manufacturer, with over 100,000 computers shipped worldwide. But our mission remains the same as ever: we’re here to empower customers’ business by enabling hassle-free data communication in challenging environments.
We believe details make all the difference when it comes to rugged devices. That’s why we have our own engineering and manufacturing facilities in Sweden, enabling us to control every aspect of production with high precision. The result is that, without question, our customers can always count on quality. Additionally, JLT combines global resources with the agility of a small company. We take great pains to understand a customer’s operation and setup, and we go further than anyone to secure the performance they want. The performance of a rugged device is highly dependent on the ecosystem around it; everything from building layout to IT infrastructure plays a part. We understand all the complications and we’re focused on solving them for our customers. Drawing on years of experience and leading technical knowledge, we empower businesses and keep their operations running smoothly. Find out more at jltmobile.com
Working at JLT
At JLT we work from four values: customer empathy, collaboration, personal leadership and continuous improvement. Customer empathy is the starting point for what we do. To solve the challenges of our customers, collaboration is key. We work together as a team and are closely involving customers and partners. For us personal leadership is about understanding your part in the greater whole and managing your own responsibilities in a way that creates harmony. To meet our customers’ needs we have to look forward and keep advancing. Excellence is our journey, not our destination. Read more here.
We are currently in an expansive phase, transforming from a traditional product supplier, and shifting towards becoming a business partner to our customers with a portfolio of both products and services. This creates demand on all parts of the organization, and we are now seeking a Marketing Intern to help with day-to-day assistance. In this role you will report to the Marketing Manager for JLT Group (Lucy Cunnington, located in Amsterdam, NL) and work closely with the JLT Group CEO (Per Holmberg, located in Sweden). Some interaction with the global sales team, as well as external marketing consultants will also be required.
Support ongoing corporate marketing activities, including partner and customer communications, lead validation, global event assistance, such as webinars and [coronavirus-permitting] tradeshows. See specific task breakdown below, however the role will evolve over time based on needs, interests, and skills.
The following tasks are to provide insight into the role; however, it could change at any time according to the needs of the company during the internship time frame.
- General marketing assistance
- SalesForce maintenance and database expansion
- Social Media monitoring, research and activation
- Website updates, using WordPress
- Including the opportunity to learn from website consultants
- Assistance with product launches, tradeshows and other company events
- Updating the Partner Network branding content and assisting in the expansion of our partner communication efforts
- Assist in online and print advertising efforts
- E.g. with Google Analytics and UTM tracking
- Expression of interest, availability and resume to email@example.com
- Native-level English written and verbal communication
- Online marketing interest
- Social Media understanding and experience
- Microsoft Office 365 experience
- Experience in WordPress
- Written or verbal Swedish, German, French, or Italian.
- A technically and/or mathematically minded person
- SalesForce, SharpSpring, Google Analytics, UTM tracking, etc.
- Marketing Automation
- KPI tracking and evaluation
- Professional Social Media experience
- Interest in sustainability and ESG policy creation
- Available full time for 6 months starting January 4th, 2021>
Benefits for the intern
- Intern rate, depending on availability and experience
- SalesForce, SharpSpring, GoogleAds, Google Analytics and WordPress experience
- Professional Social Media experience
- Marketing Automation experience
- Partner communication and negotiation experience
- Understanding of first-hand marketing requirements of a small but international company
- Opportunity to contribute to ideas that could reach a global audience
- Witness and contribute to the setup of a companies’ ESG policy from scratch
- Potential work trip [coronavirus-permitting] to Sweden
JLT Mobile Computers is a leading developer of rugged mobile computers for professional use in demanding environments. The computers, developed and manufactured in Sweden, characterized by very high reliability in the face of moisture, dust, vibration, electromagnetic fields or extreme temperature are perfectly suited for use in areas such as transportation, warehousing/logistics, forestry, mining, automation, military, rescue vehicles and ports. JLT pioneered the rugged computer market, shaping it over the last 20 years by instigating and championing a level of design and manufacturing quality demanded by the leaders in the world’s toughest end-markets. JLT is today recognized by customers around the globe for providing the most rugged, reliable, high-performance vehicle-mount computers on the market.
JLT operates globally with a US subsidiary in Phoenix, AZ, sales offices in Stockholm, Sweden and multiple locations spread across the US and complemented by a network of sales partners that provide complete solutions and local support. The headquarters, located in Växjö, Sweden, is housing development, service and administration departments.