Do you want to be part of starting a new software development team from scratch but at the same time belong to a stable and prosperous company?
JLT Mobile Computers (JLT) has for many years been successful in the market for rugged computers and is today Sweden’s largest PC manufacturer, with over 100,000 computers shipped worldwide. To fulfill a broader range of customer needs, JLT has decided to diversify it’s offering to also include various services and software. As a Development Manager you will be a crucial part in this journey and together with the Managing Director of the JLT Software function, set the foundation for this strategy.
There is a lot of room to define the role yourself, but we see that typical tasks included are:
- Analyze current and future needs with JLT’s customers, both in Europe and North America
- Decide on which technology stack and technical foundations to use to best support JLT’s strategy, both short and long term
- Decide on which work process to use to effectively get software to the market, we believe that an agile/DevOps oriented way of work is essential for success
- Work closely with some key customers and develop the first prototypes/MVPs
- Participate in extending the development team with all needed competences, recruiting and/or working with external resources
- A business orientated mindset, combined with expert technical skills
- 10+ years of experience from SW development, as a lead developer or SW Architect
- Experience from developing and maintaining cloud-based software
- DevOps orientated way of working
- A good understanding of Product Life Cycle Management
- Have a keen interest in new technology and an ability to transform technology into business opportunities
- Excellent English written and verbal communication
- Experience from working with Microsoft technologies and Microsoft Azure
- Experience from JLT’s target segments such as warehousing, manufacturing, transportation
- Written and verbal Swedish
Working at JLT
At JLT we work from four values: customer empathy, collaboration, personal leadership and continuous improvement. Customer empathy is the starting point for what we do. To solve the challenges of our customers, collaboration is the key. We work together as a team and are closely involving customers and partners. For us, personal leadership is about understanding your part in the greater whole and managing your own responsibilities in a way that creates harmony. To meet our customers’ needs we have to look forward and keep advancing. Excellence is our journey, not our destination. Read more at: https://jltmobile.com/career/
Our headquarter is in Växjö and as this is a strategical role, we see it as most convenient if you are also based in our Växjö office.
However, JLT is an international company and we are very flexible when it comes to when and where you want to work. The most important thing for us, is that the business works. Most of our customers and partners are not located in the Växjö area and from time to time, you will need to visit them and work out of their locations.
How to apply
In this recruitment we have chosen to collaborate with Maxkompetens. Please send us a brief introduction of yourself and we will get back to you. Contact Nathalie Petersson recruitment consultant, on +46733205635 for any related questions.
Our story starts in 1994. The Internet was new. Industrial computers were basic and 3G was still a dream. Over the following decades, JLT pioneered the rugged computing market. By taking design and quality to new levels, we brought the possibilities of computing to industries where a typical office machine might last just minutes. Today we are Sweden’s largest PC manufacturer, with over 100,000 computers shipped worldwide. But our mission remains the same as ever: we’re here to empower customers’ business by enabling hassle-free data communication in challenging environments.
We believe details make all the difference when it comes to rugged devices. That’s why we have our own engineering and manufacturing facilities in Sweden, enabling us to control every aspect of production with high precision. The result is that, without question, our customers can always count on quality. Additionally, JLT combines global resources with the agility of a small company. We take great pains to understand a customer’s operation and setup, and we go further than anyone to secure the performance they want. The performance of a rugged device is highly dependent on the infrastructure around it; everything from building layout to IT infrastructure plays a part. We understand all the complications and we’re focused on solving them for our customers. Drawing on years of experience and leading technical knowledge, we empower businesses and keep their operations running smoothly. Find out more at jltmobile.com
JLT Mobile Computers is a leading developer of rugged mobile computers for professional use in demanding environments. The computers, developed and manufactured in Sweden, characterized by very high reliability in the face of moisture, dust, vibration, electromagnetic fields or extreme temperature are perfectly suited for use in areas such as transportation, warehousing/logistics, forestry, mining, automation, military, rescue vehicles and ports. JLT pioneered the rugged computer market, shaping it over the last 20 years by instigating and championing a level of design and manufacturing quality demanded by the leaders in the world’s toughest end-markets. JLT is today recognized by customers around the globe for providing the most rugged, reliable, high-performance vehicle-mount computers on the market.
JLT operates globally with a US subsidiary in Phoenix, AZ, sales offices in Stockholm, Sweden and multiple locations spread across the US and complemented by a network of sales partners that provide complete solutions and local support. The headquarters, located in Växjö, Sweden, is housing development, service and administration departments.